Wondering where all the action is in the updating of KML to 2.x/3? You can easily follow along or join the conversation using these very simple methods:
- Subscribe to del.icio.us, technorati, or your other aggregator of choice using the tag 'ogckml'
- If you don't want to clog your RSS Reader, then just check out the OGC Network KML aggregator that is already collecting all these links
- Tag your own blog posts or bookmarks to demos, stories, posts, or ideas using 'ogckml'
- Join the #kml IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. IRC - it's really cool (again)
- Join the GeoWeb REST mailing list/group for discussion on KML, and building a RESTful GeoWeb
Also - I'll be moving my particular commentary over to the Mapufacture Blog, since that's the company that I'm actually participating as a member of, and also where we'll be implementing the new specs. My next posts will discuss using KML to link to external services such as OpenSearch-Geo, WFS, WMS, and more.