I would also suggest checking out and/or subscribing to bookmark lists like http://del.icio.us/tag/geolocation+wifi.
Wifi Positioning Technologies
- Intel R&D lab, have a large number of papers, software, and dbs on location using wifi and other techniques
- Commercial company (part of Skyhook Wireless) that has a Windows client
- another commercial option, GPS/GSM/Wifi and clients for variety of
- social network using geolocation techniques
- Open infrastructure with a community built database
- Microsoft Research RADAR
- An In-Building RF-Based User Location and Tracking System. There is a package for people who may beinterested in using RADAR and that the package includes source code. It should be easy to obtain coming from a university.
- HawkTour: A Mobile, Context-Aware Tour Guide System
- HawkTour, installed on a TabletPC, allows visitors to tour the IIT main campus and learn about the university including its world-renowned architecture, excellent academic programs, and student life.
- Location Estimation for Activity Recognition
- University of Washington video where Dieter Fox illustrates how Bayesian filtering can be applied to estimate the location of a person using sensors such as GPS, infrared, or WiFi.
- this might be the most popular WiFi positioning system
- PanGo Locator
- Wi-Fi-based, active RFID wireless asset tracking solution
- Using TDOA measurement rather than Signal Strength, hence
the standard 802.11 AP and NIC can not be used.
- WPI Precision Indoor/Outdoor Personnel Location Project
- The overall goal of this project is to protect the lives of emergency responders and to enhance their ability to accomplish their missions through research and development of systems for personnel location and tracking, physiological status monitor
These links came from the following contributors:
Please feel free to let me know of any more that you may know of.